Due to the overwhelming success of our Rent a Chef formula, we will continue to offer this service. Wish to have the luxury of ‘dining out’, but in the comfort of your own home? Bring the worldy Chef of the Embassy of Food into your home for an unforgettable culinary experience! Everything is arranged, and all we need from you is a kitchen.
When organizing the ‘Rent a Chef’ experience, you will be able to compose your own 4-, 5- or 6-course menu, and our Chef will prepare and serve these dishes in your home. A matching wine arrangement is always possible yet remains optional.
You are completely taken care of! Even the table is set for you in Embassy style. Give us a call to make a reservation, or read more below on how to bring our chef into your home.
At The Embassy we opt for clarity and transparency, so the prices stated below already include preparation time. Our Chef will make sure you and your guests are well taken care of, to create an unforgettable experience.
• Reservations can be made by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone (070) 449 21 69, at least one day in advance, depending on availability in our Chef’s agenda.
• You and your family members/guests are free to put together your own preferred menu per person in advance from the ‘Rent a Chef’ menu below. Allergies can be discussed in advance by telephone. You are also free to let the Chef choose and surprise you.
• You will be completely taken care of: everything from the wineglasses to cutlery to setting the table is done for you in Embassy-style.
• Rent a chef will come to your home from 4 people and up for € 600 per evening for a four-course dinner including a bottle of house wine. For each additional guest there is a subcharge of only € 75,- p.p. A 5 or 6 course dinner is also possible for € 10 extra per person per course. For 2 or 3 persons the price is on request.
• A matching wine arrangement is also possible. A glass of wine is served per course to match each dish: 4-course €20 and 5-course €25.
• If you wish to have the ultimate restaurant experience and extra service, we can provide a hostess, which you can book for € 75 extra. This service is standard for groups of 5 or more people.
• Because we are happy with children who eat well and love to taste new and exciting flavours, we offer a special price for kids aged up to 12 years old. For a 4-course this will cost €35 and for a 5-course dinner €40. Wish to have a kids menu? For children under 10 we charge €15 for this option. From age 12 and up we charge € 75,- p.p.
• If you live within a 20km radius of The Hague, we will not charge travel costs.
• When booking, you pay a deposit of 50% and afterwards the rest follows in cash or direct deposit.
When cooking in your home, we will follow the RIVM guidelines:
– Appropriate distance between kitchen and dining area.
– The chef works with gloves and serves with a face mask.
In case you, your guests or the Chef are showing Covid-19 symptoms, we will be forced to cancel and reschedule the evening.
Before confirming the reservation, we will contact you to discuss matters such as accessibility, dietary requirements and kitchen lay-out.
> Balinese Style Oysters
> Greek Breadsticks with herb dip
> Hake fillet prepared with white wine
> Dutch Butcher’s Steak with pesto
> Italian Burrata
> Lobster risotto
> Australian Flank Steak with chimichurri
> Spinach Risotto
> Granddessert (Chef’s Choice)